Your routine may not be all that. So let's get it together, a.m. style. Here are some tips for doing just that.
· Don't hit the ground running. Before jumping into the shower, try hugging the knees to the chest (one at a time, then together). This will not only help warm up the muscles, but it will also get your blood flowing throughout the body so you'll feel more stable when you rise and shine.
· The more light the better. Open the shades all the way as soon as you get out of bed (or, um, as soon as you put on a bathrobe).
· Don't hold off on your treat until afternoon: Splurge on that latte on your way into the office, or take a few minutes to call your sister or maybe even do a few sun salutations, if you're into that kind of thing. Anything to perk up before the day really gets going.
· No snoozing. Seriously. Get rid of the snooze function idea regarding your alarm clock. Experts say sleeping in and dozing intermittently throws your body off schedule and will make it harder to fall asleep at night.
· Don't exercise right after waking up but eat, instead. A handful of dry cereal or half a banana on your way to out the door is just fine (and a glass of water, of course, since that last time you drank anything was probably seven hours ago).