Marriage can be a challenge, but if you stick to this list of ways to make sure your honeymoon phase lasts for all of eternity, you’ve got nothing to worry about.
1. Hug your partner at the end of the day- Taking time to acknowledge each other after a long day sets the tone for a more connected evening.
2. Build your team spirit- Playing tug of war gets you nowhere, but when you’re on the same team, anything’s possible.
3. Treat your partner like a child- Being specific with your compliments shows that you appreciate your spouse. Sometimes you have to spell out why you appreciate them.
4. Plan to be spontaneous- I know that sounds like an oxymoron, but setting up a time to “play,” then building up to the moment with flirty texts can be more exciting than you think.
5. Don't freak out if you're not connecting- Sometimes drifting apart during the course of the relationship is inevitable, but it’s up to you to find ways to reconnect and remind yourselves why you love each other in the first place.
6. Keep it simple- Let’s face it, guys can’t handle it when you hit them with too much info. Slow down your speech and lower the volume. When you have a criticism to make, deliver it in three sentences or less.
7. Attack the issue, not the person- It’s not “you’re lazy for not doing the dishes,” it’s “I’m upset that the kitchen’s a mess, what can we do to fix it?”
(Source: Yahoo! Shine)