You might be unwittingly sabotaging your weight loss success if you’re guilty of these 7 dinner habits.
1. Making It Your Biggest Meal- "When you hit your body with so much food at dinner, it can be difficult for the body to digest and process it all. The extra can be converted into fatty acids and lead to weight gain," says nutritionist Jaime Mass, R.D.
2. Eating It Right Before Bed- Eating late can make it hard to sleep or to actually stay asleep. “Sleep is essential for your metabolism, your blood-sugar regulation, appropriate hormone balance and energy health,” says Mass.
3. Consuming Caffeine- Sipping on soda or a post-meal coffee (even decaf) can mess with your sleep patterns. But, Mass says, “Drinking caffeine throughout the day may actually support weight loss.”
4. Too Many Carbs- “Eating huge portions of carbs can send your blood sugar roller-coastering, leading to potential weight gain,” says Mass. And, if your blood sugar crashes before beddy-bye, you could end up raiding the kitchen at midnight.
5. Watching TV- “Never zone out in front of the TV during meal time. It’s a surefire way to torpedo your enjoyment and satiety,” says Mass.
6. Serving Foods “Family Style”- “When you’re sitting in front of heaping bowls and oversized serving spoons, overeating is inevitable,” says Mass. If you go for seconds, be sure to stick to veggies.
7. Too Much Booze- One glass of wine is fine, but not the whole bottle! “Alcohol has a way of making you think ‘so what’ and can actually throw off your satiety hormones and lead to overeating,” says Mass.
(Source: Yahoo! Health)