(Photo: Getty Images)
Now that fashion month is finally over, there are a bunch of trends headed our way this fall. Here are a few according to Elle magazine.
• Robe Coats – Like, big coats that look like bathrobes. • Swinging '60s - Mini skirts, knee-high boots, and accessories that look like you were an extra on Mad Men
• Knit Wit – (seriously) Knit layered sweaters and pants that look like sweaters. Go to town.
• Larger Than Life – Pretty much over-sized anything. Bigger sweaters, pants, and coats, the bigger the better.
• Straight Jackets – Tops that pin your arms down to your body. Dexterity is so last season.
• Dresses Over Pants – It's back, wearing pants and a dress.
• Western – Oversized, wide-brimmed black cowboy hats. For everyone.
• Muppet Babies – Brightly colored Shearling anything.
• Extreme Turtlenecks - Turtlenecks that closely resemble a sock for your whole head.
• Sneakers - Designers have declared sneakers as the footwear of the moment.