You know those e-receipts retailers give as an option at the end of your purchase, as a paper alternative? Convenient, yes. But you need to be aware of what else could end up in your inbox if you take that paperless route...
• Ask how the business is going to use your information.
• Sharing or selling your information could result in you getting unsolicited emails.
• Watch out for emails that ask for your personal info, as they could be scams that download malware.
• Create a new email account just for your receipts.
• Avoid sharing too much personal info when you set up that email account; and always use a unique password.
• Your anti-virus needs to be up-to-date; and needs to be done on a regular basis. Spammers attack online shoppers who do not keep their security software updated.