The folks over at Happify have discovered the science behind a happy relationship. It's actually a recipe for how to make your marriage last and you know what, it just may work. Take notes!
• Bedroom Behavior - The happiest couples get it on 2 to 3 times a week. But if that's too much nookie for you, those who had sex even once a week had more positive feelings about their marriage than those that didn't.
• Pat on the Back - The strongest couples openly celebrate each other's good news and triumphs. They show enthusiasm, ask questions, and offer sincere congratulations.
• Explore - Couples experienced new things, whether that be sky diving or traveling to a new country report feeling more loved and supported.
• Crack Each Other Up - If you can't recall a moment where you shared a laugh, you are in trouble. Couples who share funny memories have better relationships.
• Your Fighting Style Matters - Happy couples show humor, express affection, and concede on certain points when they argue. This diffuses tension, making for an easier way to resolution. Unhappy couples criticize, show contempt, roll their eyes, act defensively, and name call.
• The Little Ones - The happiest couples don't have children. Sad, but true. It easy to see why, though. The responsibilities of kids and family are an endless source of stresses that can weigh heavily on a relationship. For those that do have kids 67% who reported a drop in happiness leves. But all hope is not lost. Marriage satisfaction rose once the kids were grown and out of the house!