According to the authors of the book titled The Book of Odds, here are some interesting statistics about Valentine’s Day:
• It is popular – Nearly 60% of adults plan to celebrate Valentine's Day, even though 30% of women think it’s over-rated.
• Some guys go the extra mile – 6% of men in relationships are planning a romantic trip for Valentine’s Day.
• It’s big business – Over 142 million Valentine's Day cards will be exchanged at a cost of over a billion dollars.
• Diamonds are a girl’s best friend – The odds a woman gets jewelry for Valentine's Day are 1 in 5. Are you feeling lucky this year?
• Wedding bells – Six million people intend to propose or expect to be proposed to this Valentine's Day.