KRISTEN'S STORY - WINNER
HOW LONG DOES RAW MEAT LAST IN THE REFRIGERATOR?
We’ve all been there. We defrost some chicken or beef or pork but don’t get to cook it right away and end up in front of the fridge smelling it trying to decide whether it’s still safe enough to cook and eat. Nobody likes to throw away perfectly good food, but at the same time, nobody wants to cook and eat something that may give us food poisoning.
So, how do you know whether meat is still safe enough to eat and cook? With Fourth of July barbecues coming up that's definitely a valid question, since you don't want your guests getting sick. Well, worry no more because here’s a guide to let you know how long your meat will stay safe in your fridge.
- Raw Poultry – As long as your fridge is 40 degrees Fahrenheit or colder, that raw chicken will last a day or two in the fridge, and up to a year in the freezer. If the chicken is cooked, it will last a few days longer in the fridge, and two to six months in the freezer
- Red Meat and Pork – Both can stay good up to five days in the fridge, and four to 12 months in the freezer. If the meats are cooked, they’ll last three to four days in the fridge, and two to six months in the freezer.
- Ground Meats – Only one or two days in the fridge, three to four months in the freezer.
- Lunchmeats and hot dogs – About two weeks unopened in the fridge, although they should be eaten within three to five days after opening. Frozen they last one to two months.
- Bacon and sausage – Bacon lasts up to a week in the fridge, although raw sausage only lasts about two days. Frozen they both can last for a month, although some sausages last even longer.
- Deli salads – These should never be frozen, but they do last about three to five days in the fridge.
DAD COP GOES CRAZY ON DAUGHTER'S BOYFRIEND
It's one thing to go a little cray cray. It's another thing when you're a police officer. Even worse...when it's caught on camera.
A police officer in Ohio has been fired for using his badge to intimidate his daughter's boyfriend.
It all started as a traffic stop that shouldn't have even happened.
Veteran officer John Kovach did not approve of his daughter's relationship with her boyfriend. So Kovach pulled over a car driven by his daughter's boyfriend. The boyfriend was in the car with another female. But the officer didn't realize that his daughter was also in the car. She was in the backseat.
Kovach threatened to give the female passenger a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt. That's when the girl's mother (who happened to be nearby when the traffic stop happened) confronted him and threatened to call 91.
When Kovach realized his daughter was in the car, he ordered her to get out of the vehicle. She confronted her father about him using his badge and uniform to intimidate her and her friends
After an internal investigation, it was declared that the stop was unwarranted and that Kovach violated the department's standards of conduct during the entire incident.
As a result, the 26-year veteran officer was fired. Kovach is now appealing his dismissal. Watch the video below...CRAZY! **WARNING** **PROFANITY**