Earth Day is April 22.It began in 1970 to demonstrate support for environmental protection.It now includes a wide range of events coordinated globally by EARTHDAY.ORG
Here are 10 things you can do to participate:
- Add some plants to your home
- Join the Official Earth Day Event
- Get outside
- Unplug items in your house. Unplugging electronic appliances that are not being used can save you money and electronics.
- Declutter; Recycle or Donate!
- Make a Milk Jug Bird Feeder with your kids! Here's How!
- Pick up trash outside in parking lots or parks
- Do a nature scavenger hunt with your kids
- Check out these Earth Day friendly movies and shows:
Earthday.org will present an Earth Day Live global event starting at 9 a.m. Pacific time.
NETFLIX has an entire section with fabulous National Geographic documentaries to learn more about our planet.