The Georgia Bulldogs will face off with the LSU Tigers in Atlanta Saturday for the 2019 SEC Championship, a game anticipated as the biggest besides the National Championship.
The bulldogs stand as number 4 in the playoff rankings and will lay it all on the line playing number 2 LSU at the Mercedes Benz Stadium. The game will have a major impact on the businesses in the city, hotels, and infrastructure.
The Atlanta metro area can expect an influx of Georgia fans and visiting customers pouring in with both teams coming out of the southernmost regions of the U.S. which hold the strongest SEC fandom ever. Fans are expected to pour in as early as Thursday
Gameday Tips ( Before and Day of )
Who, What, When, Where
- UGA vs. LSU
- The 2019 SEC Championship Game
- Saturday at 4 p.m.
- Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta
- Tickets: Officially sold out but you can check sites like StubHub for prices around $200 at the lowest.
- TV Showing: CBS
Prefer to watch?
- UGA Alumni Watch Party: The official alumni watch party will be at Sports & Social at The Battery. There's a $5 cover at the door, but it's free if you get a ticket in advance using the code "UGAALUMNI." More info here
- SEC TAILGATE BLOCK WATCH PARTY @ RESTAURANT 10! Right across from the Mercedes Benz Stadium. More info here
- Switz Sports Bar & Lounge Indoor Tailgate Watch Party. More info here
- I-85 North from Louisiana and either I-20 West or I-85 South from Athens. Expect heavy for the next few days.
- Marta will be your best friend when commuting on game day. Avoid scarce parking by using public transportation.
- Plan for the influx of UGA fans in the metro area.
Photo: Getty Images