Intestinal parasites are one of my BIGGEST fears. I'm not a huge sushi eater, but there are other ways you can get them!
A man in California saw emergency room physician Dr. Kenny Banh who pulled a 5-foot-long tapeworm out of his gut. Dr. Banh treated the patient with a de-worming medication, and the man was fine... But the story is still disturbing!
It's impossible to say where the tapeworm came from, though Dr. Banh said the patient told him he ate a lot of sushi, which lines up with recent CDC warnings about intestinal parasites in fish.