- They won the award in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
- They've been nominated for Vocal Group of the Year every year since 2008.
- They took home their first award for New Artist of the Year in 2008.
- They are also nominated in the Album of the Year category for Heart Break.
Hillary Scott says she and the guys are incredibly connected.
"Whenever you're on stage night after night. When you spend almost every single day with each other, you just learn each other inside and out from a creative standpoint and to a personal standpoint."
Little Big Town
- LBT has had a lock on the Vocal Group of the Year category for the last five years. They won the award in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
- They had been nominated six times before they finally won it for the first time in 2012.
- They're also nominated for Single and Music Video of the Year for "Better Man."
Karen Fairchild says..."I think country music is in the best place right now, It's been incredible and it's going to be incredible and the diversity of it. Getting back to like songs. It's really good time and we're grateful for this."
- This is Old Dominion's second Vocal Group of the Year nomination.
- They're also up for New Artist of the Year for the second time.
Matt Ramsey of Old Dominion says they're happy to be nominated.
"We’re just happy to be like included and invited and listed amongst the people that we are listed with.”
- The guys won this award every year from 2003 to 2008 until Lady Antebellum broke their winning streak.
- They have been nominated for the award every year since 2008, except for 2012.
- They won the Horizon Award (now New Artist of the Year) in 2002.
Rascal Flatts joke about Group of the Year award.
Jay: "No, we'd like to congratulate Little Big Town right now for their win on Wednesday night.
Gary: I always get nervous.
Jay: So, you think there's a chance.
Gary: What do you have if you don't have hope.
Joe Don: It's like the chance your gonna win class president. Maybe this year."
Zac Brown Band
- Zac and the band have been nominated for Vocal Group of the Year the last six years, but haven't won.
- They won New Artist of the Year in 2010.
Zac Brown talks about the Vocal Group of the Year nomination.
"It's great. We work hard and will always be improving as an act and hopefully getting better and evolving, so it's a big honor or us to be nominated."
The 51st annual CMA Awards hosted by Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood will be broadcast live from Nashville on Wednesday on ABC.