According to a new survey, we really, really love our dogs ... and should pretty much admit they are our real Valentines.
The BarkBox survey found that ...
- 87% of respondents said they are more accepting of their dog’s irritating behaviors – snoring, snacking, making a mess – than they are of their partner's irritating behavior.
- 28% said they’d opt to share their bed with the dog rather than their partner.
- More than 50% said they were more comfortable being affectionate with their pups in public than with their significant other.
- On average, people in relationships tell their dogs they love them six times per day ... roughly as often as they tell their partners.
- 85% of dog owners said their pet had helped them get through a hard time in their life.
- Dog owners post pictures or mention their dogs on social media an average of six times a week.
- 11% have even created a dedicated social media account for their pet.
- And how comfortable are we in front of our dogs? The survey found that one-third of people admitted they’d had sex in front of their dogs.
- Oh, and one more thing ... nearly 20% of people give Valentine’s Day gifts to their pets.