It’s easy to get into a date night rut and feel like you and your S.O. do the same things all the time. So take advantage of the warm weather and do something offbeat for a change. Here are some unique date ideas that don’t include dinner or Netflix.
- Rent a van for a weekend trip - Hit the road with your sweetie for an adventure in tiny home living.
- Check out a niche festival - If you’re into cheese, grapes, or jazz, you can find festivals specializing in all kinds of interests.
- Spend the day at a water park - Get in touch with your inner child and ride all the slides at the park.
- Watch a movie under the stars - Check out which films your city is playing outdoors this summer.
- Tour different breweries - Learn about the beer while getting a little tipsy.
- Pretend to be tourists for the day - Be a stranger in your own city, maps and all. Fanny packs optional.
- Drive around listening to music - Roll down the windows and blast your summer drive playlist.
- Have a rooftop picnic - Who needs a park when you can take your picnic basket to the top of the building to catch the sunset.
- Have a silent reading date - Head to a library, bookstore, or cafe for some AC to cool you down while you each read a choice from your summer reading list.
- Go camping - You don’t even have to leave home, just pitch a tent in the backyard.
- Go on a museum crawl - Check out all the museums you’ve been wanting to explore, one after the other.