We know that bread is full of carbs, but other foods are full of them and we don’t even realize it. Here are some to watch out for when you’re watching those carbs.
- Mangoes - This fruit is tasty and a half of one has a whole day’s supply of vitamin C, but a whole one also packs 50 grams of carbs.
- Soda - We’re always hearing about all the evil sugar in soda, but one can of Coke has 39 grams of carbs, too.
- Raisins - We think of them as healthy, but beware, one little box also has 34 grams of carbs.
- Bananas - Sure, it’s a great source of fiber, magnesium, and potassium, but an extra-large banana can have about 35 grams of carbs as well.
- Quinoa - This ancient grain is packed with protein, but a cup of quinoa also has around 39 grams of carbohydrates.
- Applesauce - Apples have a lot of carbs on their own, but when you add the sugar to applesauce, you end up with about 46 grams of carbs in a cup of it.
- Yogurt - The fruity, high-sugar flavors can have more than 40 grams of carbs in an eight-ounce serving.
- Beans - It’s the baked beans you have to watch out for, a cup of them has 54 grams of carbs!