Memorial Day weekend just gave us a taste of the long summer that awaits. If you’re primed and looking for the best beach spots in the country, we have you covered.
Every year, Florida International University professor Stephen Leatherman, aka Dr. Beach, ranks U.S. beaches on FIFTY different criteria, like water temperature, sand quality and upkeep of the natural environment.
According to Dr. Beach, Siesta Beach in Sarasota, Florida is the best beach in the country right now. It’s the only beach to top his list twice in their 26-year history. It previously took top honors in 2005.
Here the top ten beaches on this year’s list:
- Siesta Beach, Florida
- Kapalua Bay Beach, Hawaii
- Ocracoke Lifeguarded Beach, North Carolina
- Grayton Beach State Park, Florida
- Coopers Beach, New York
- Coast Guard Beach, Massachusetts
- Caladesi Island State Park, Florida
- Hapuna Beach State Park, Hawaii
- Coronado Beach, California
- Beachwalker Park, South Carolina
Source: Huffington Post