JASON'S PICK - WINNER
Top misspelled words in each state
According to Google these are the most misspelled words in each state so far this year.
To see the full list click here.
Source: USA Today
Did you go to a wedding over the weekend?
Apparently, that was pretty rude of the newlyweds. According to a USA Today article, these are the rudest days to get married (ranked from pretty rude to really rude): Memorial Day, Labor Day, July 4th Weekend, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
Help Fight Mosquitoes With These Plants
Summery weather is here and along with the lovely long warm days comes something we don’t love so much about the season - mosquitoes. Sure, you can coat yourself in sticky chemicals to ward them off, but who wants to do that? So here are some plants that can help keep you mosquito-bite-free while you enjoy your fun in the summer sun.
- Lavender - We think it smells fantastic, but bugs? Not so much. Look for the lavandin variety, it has a high concentration of camphor that keeps the critters away.
- Lemon balm - It smells lemony, but it’s more appealing than citronella. And the plant has high levels of citronellal, a compound bugs don’t like.
- Basil - It’s not just for cooking anymore! Having a pot of basil around is great because the plant emits a strong scent and you don’t even have to crush the leaves.
- Catnip - Your kitty will love it, and you will too when you learn that mosquitoes hate catnip.
- Mint - You can make a mojito with it and it’s good for your skin, too. Mint leaves can keep mosquitoes away, but if you do get one, the essential oils in it can soothe the bites.
Source: Woman’s Day
Listen and play along with You Choose The News weekdays at 6:45am