Coffee is the thing that gets us out of bed in the morning and keeps us going all day long. We know we spend more than we should picking up our beloved buzzy brews every day, but we do it anyway - a couple times a day.
It’s just a few dollars at a time, so we don’t let the cost of a cup of coffee get us down. But have you ever considered what you could do if you weren’t spending $4.60 for a latte at the coffeeshop twice a day? Here’s what you could spend all that Starbucks money on instead.
- If you quit coffee for … a day - Sure, it’s only $9.20, and that isn’t a whole lot. But you could buy a glossy magazine to read on the train or use it for a cocktail at happy hour.
- If you quit coffee for … a week - A week of coffee savings adds up to $64.40 you’ve saved. You could get a mani/pedi, a massage, a blowout, buy a couple bottles of good wine, or meet your bestie for brunch.
- If you quit coffee for … a month - Now you’ve saved an extra $257.60 from breaking the two lattes a day Starbucks habit. So with all that money you could afford a fancy hotel for a staycation, treat your friends to lunch, enjoy a facial at a spa, or buy those shoes you’ve been eyeing and still have money left over.
- If you quit coffee for … six months - You’ll be shocked to realize going without takeout coffee for half a year adds up to $1,545.60. So you could take that trip to Hawaii or Europe, get laser hair removal on your legs and never have to shave again, or invest in that designer handbag you always wanted.
- If you quit coffee for … a year - After 365 days of laying off the lattes at the corner cafe, you’ll save $3,20! And with that kind of money, you could head to Australia, educate girls in a third world country, or be really responsible and put it in savings!