People in Las Vegas are looking for ways to help in the aftermath of the mass shooting at the music festival there and one of the only things they can do now is to donate blood. So to encourage folks to go donate, both Uber and Lyft are offering free rides to and from United Blood Services donation centers and to nearby hospitals.
Uber is offering rides to local hospitals as well as the family reunification center at no charge. The company says it’s also refunding all rides in Las Vegas that were around and after the time of the shooting.
Lyft is also offering free rides to a lot of the same locations with the code VEGASHOPE. The company says it suspended its high-demand surge pricing called “Prime Time” as soon as they understood the situation Sunday night.
- My Pick Lower Income Residents Can Attend Ohio State For Free Now
- My Pick Man Volunteers Cleaning Veterans’ Gravestones
- My Pick Bethenny Frankel Sends Four Planes Of Supplies To Hurricane Maria Victims
- My Pick Army National Guardsman Pulls Woman From Fiery Car Crash
- My Pick Lots Of Stores To Say Closed On Thanksgiving
- My Pick BREAKING & TRENDING 6A ET
- My Pick CBS Exec Fired Over Las Vegas Comments
- My Pick Nashville Holds A Vigil For Las Vegas Shooting Victims
- My Pick
You can listen to The Good Stuff weekday mornings at 6:15am and 8:30am!