FRECKLES' PICK - WINNER
Surgeons Find Hundreds Of Coins And Nails In Man's Stomach
Maksud Khan has terrible dietary habits. The driver from India was rushed to hospital after suffering stomach pains for three months. The problem was soon revealed by X-Ray: 35-year-old Khan had been swallowing metal.
Ultimately, surgeons removed 263 coins and 100 nails from his stomach, along with nuts, bolts, and razor blades. Not surprisingly, Dr. Priyank Sharma says he's never seen anything like this before.
According to another doctor, the surgery happened in the nick of time. Some of the nails had lodged in his stomach lining and caused internal bleeding. Whatever happened to chewing your food?
Prince Harry And Meghan Make Their First "Engaged" Appearance
It's official, Meghan Markle is set to become a royal. As we previously reported, Kensington Palace confirmed that Prince Harry proposed to his American boo earlier this month in London, though they didn't confirm the happy news until now.
As the world cheered, the happy couple have also now made their first public appearance as "engageds." At a press event at Kensington Palace's Sunken Garden, which is said to have been Princess Diana's favorite part of the palace, they posed for pictures and showed off the ring. But the location isn't the only influence the late Diana has had on the event.
The prince designed Meghan's ring, which includes two diamonds from his mom. At the center is a diamond from Botswana, a country the couple has spent time together over the last year and a half. They'll be getting hitched in the spring, though the location hasn't been announced as yet. Congrats!
- Meghan and Harry have also sat for their first interview, where they discussed the engagement itself. Turns out, the prince popped the question while the two were cooking dinner at their cottage. According to Meghan, she couldn't even wait for the proposal to be over before she started saying yes. As for when he knew Meghan "was the one?" Prince Harry admits, "The very first time we met."
- They've got love, they're planning for marriage, and, well, Harry and Meghan are already thinking about those baby carriages. Harry says they're not expecting yet, but they're planning on starting a family in the "near future." They'd better...she's 36!
- Naturally, the well wishes are pouring in. The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh “are delighted for the couple and wish them every happiness.” Harry's dad and stepmother, Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, add that they're "thrilled" for the lovebirds.
- And yes, Harry asked Meghan's family for her hand in marriage, which they obviously gave. Her parents - aka Thomas Markle and Doria Ragland - also say they wish the couple "a lifetime of happiness" and added, "To see her union with Harry, who shares the same qualities, is a source of great joy for us as parents."
- Harry's brother and sister-in-law, Prince William and Kate Middletonsay it's been a "wonderful" getting to know Meghan and seeing how happy she and Harry are.
Dictionary.com Declares “Complicit” The 'Word Of The Year'
Dictionary.com has revealed "complicit" as the site's 'word of the year.' How'd it score the designation? Site lexicographer Jane Solomon says numerous events drove more people to look up “complicit” at specific times of the year overall. In fact, it was 300% more times than in 2016.
One of the major spikes took place in April when Ivanka Trump used the word in an interview to say, “I don’t know what it means to be complicit.”
Source: ABC News
Listen and play along with You Choose The News weekdays at 6:45am