These days if you are truly a last minute holiday shopper you don’t have to settle for trying to find something at that 24-hour drug store down the street. Several stores have made Christmas Eve shopping much easier thanks to online purchases you can pick up in the store on the same day.
So, if you’re one of those people who always waits until Christmas Eve to get your shopping done, but don’t want to deal with the hassle of battling through other last-minute shoppers, here’s a list of stores that offer this shopping luxury, along with how long you can wait before you need to pull the trigger on that gift.
- Apple –It depends on location and item availability, but you can usually put in a time you want to pick up the gift, provided the store has it in stock, and on Xmas eve and it will be ready and waiting for you.
- Bed Bath & Beyond - Order deadline is two hours before store closing
- JCPenney – Orders must be placed by noon on Christmas Eve, and the store closes at 6 pm.
- Kmart - Orders must be placed by 2:59 pm CST on Christmas Eve, with stores open until 6 pm.
- Kohl's – While orders are usually ready in two hours, the store recommends placing your order no later than December 23rd for an Xmas eve pickup.
- Macy's – Orders must be placed by 3 pm on Christmas Eve and you’ll get an email when your order is ready to be picked up.
- Nordstrom – Place your order by 9 am on Christmas Eve and some stores offer curbside pickup so you don’t even have to get out of your car.
- Pier 1 Imports – Orders must be placed an hour before closing.
- Sears – Orders need to be placed by 2:59 pm CST on Christmas Eve, with stores open until 6 pm.
- Target – You have until 6 pm on Christmas Eve to place your order for most stores.
- Toys R Us - Order by 8 pm for pickup within an hour.
- Walmart – Orders must be placed by 4 pm on December 23rd to guarantee an Christmas Eve pickup.
Source: CBS News