If you feel like there aren’t enough hours in a day to get everything done, you need to take a deep breath and slow down. Even when your schedule is insane, you should be making time for your health, happiness, and well-being, too. Here are a few ways to manage your time so you can get it all done and feel good while you do it.
- Don’t multitask, compartmentalize - Multitasking may help you get a lot of things partially done but not completed, so try focusing on one thing at a time instead. Prioritize your to-do list and limit how long you spend doing low-priority tasks. Knowing you have a time limit to finish something can help you stay focused and help you get more accomplished.
- Limit your time on social media - When you’re super busy, the last thing you need to do is get sucked into the wormhole of Instagram or Twitter. Even when your schedule isn’t so hectic, it’s better for your overall well-being to spend less time on social media.
- Make time for self-care - Nothing burns you out faster than not making time for things you enjoy and for taking care of yourself. So squeeze room in your busy schedule for your hobbies and passions, and anything that brings you happiness. You’re worth it!
- Set the tone for your day first thing in the morning - Give yourself extra time in the morning so you’re not rushed from the get go, even if that means waking up earlier. Having a calm, relaxed start to your day will carry through the entire day so dragging yourself out of bed sooner is worth it.
- Allow for breaks - Even when you feel too busy to stop, take breaks and schedule them as often as possible to keep you focused and refreshed.
Source: The Thirty