FRECKLES' PICK - WINNER
The Most And Least Stressful Jobs Out There
When you ask most people they’ll probably tell you their work is pretty stressful, but there are some folks whose jobs are way more stressful than others. Well, CareerCast has analyzed things like physical demands, environmental conditions, personal risk and more to determine their 2018 Most Stressful Jobs list and guess what, if you're sitting behind a desk yours isn’t on it.
It’s probably not that surprising to hear that jobs at the top of the list have workers risking their lives on a daily basis. The number one most stressful job is Enlisted Military Personnel, with a stress score of 72.47 out of 100, followed by the somewhat equally risky gig of firefighter, with a stress score of 72.43.
2018 Most Stressful Jobs (Job, score)
- Enlisted Military Personnel, Stress Score 72.47
- Firefighter, 72.43
- Airline Pilot, 62.07
- Police Officer, 51.97
- Event Coordinator, 51.15
- Reporter, 49.90
- Broadcaster, 49.83
- Public Relations Executive, 49.44
- Corporate Executive (Senior), 48.71
- Taxi Driver, 48.11
As for the least stressful job, that would be Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, which earns a nice median average salary, has a job growth potential of 17% and earns only a 5.11 stress score.
2018 Least Stressful Jobs (Job, score)
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, 5.11
- Hair Stylist, 6.61
- Audiologist, 7.22
- University Professor, 8.16
- Medical Records Technician, 8.54
- Compliance Officer, 8.78
- Jeweler, 9.05
- Pharmacy Technician, 9.14
- Operations Research Analyst, 9.17
- Medical Laboratory Technician, 10.00
Source: Yahoo Finance
Woman Returns Her Dead Christmas Tree to Costco
Costco is known for their generous return policy, but a California woman may have taken things a little far when she returned her used Christmas tree this month. The brazen woman claimed the tree was “dead,” and yes, she walked away with a full refund.
Scott Bentley, who was behind the woman in line at the Costco in Santa Clara, California, posted a photo on Facebook and wrote: “I can’t make this stuff up. Woman in line at Costco, totally nonchalant, to return her Christmas tree ‘because it’s dead’ on January 4th.
Bentley said the woman got a refund, but Costco employees questioned her and verified purchase on her account. He added she was shamed to a small degree, but wasn't fazed.
- Think she's totally out of her mind. Maybe not so much. According to a Reddit post, some of the craziest things ever returned to Costco include a safe that reeked of pot, an empty wine bottle (which the returner said gave her a headache) and used mattresses.
- For the record...Costco’s return policy is open ended with no time limit with the exception of electronics, which have a 90-day limit.
Source: New York Daily News
Starbucks’ Cold Busting Secret Drink
We know there’s a secret menu at Starbucks, but did you realize you could order something off it that could help get rid of your cold? The “Medicine Ball” has been a longtime part of the secret menu because fans swear it can alleviate cold symptoms and clear up a stuffy nose.
So what’s in this cold-curing beverage? Here’s the full ingredient list:
- 1 venti cup with half hot water and half steamed lemonade
- 1 bag of Teavana Jade Citrus Mint Tea
- 1 bag of Teavana Peach Tranquility Tea
- Packet of honey
- Pump of peppermint (optional)
So it doesn’t have as much sugar as lots of the lattes, and that’s a good thing. But only you can decide if you believe in this Medicine Ball tea’s ability to cure your cold. It might sound like a longshot now, but when you’re suffering through your next cold, you’ll gladly spend that $4 or $5 to find out how well it works.
Source: The Daily Meal
Listen and play along with You Choose The News weekdays at 6:45am