JASON'S PICK - WINNER
MISSILE-ALERT MISTAKE: Worker Reassigned
The employee at the Hawaii Emergency Management Agency who mistakenly sent a missile alert to Hawaiians on Saturday has been reassigned to another position.
The unnamed worker caused widespread panic when a wrong button was pushed, triggering an alert that was sent to cellphones warning of a "ballistic missile threat inbound to Hawaii." The agency announced that the employee will still report for work but has been reassigned and will not have access to the warning system. The false alarm left Hawaiians scrambling to find a safe place to seek shelter and the panic lasted 38 minutes before another alert was issued saying it was a false alarm. (Fox News)
Cop Saves Choking Tot On His First Day
While having lunch at a Chick-fil-A in Merrillville, Indiana on his first day on the job, Hobart Police Officer Richard Mayer helped save the life of a choking toddler. Melanie Hasse and her daughter, Charlotte, were eating a few tables away from the officers when the little girl started choking on a piece of apple.
The panicked mom tried to get the food out of her daughter’s mouth, but she may have inadvertently pushed it in farther in her throat. So she grabbed the toddler and begged the officers for assistance. Officer Mayer and Officer Ramos flipped Charlotte over and slapped her on the back several times, dislodging the food.
So Mayer’s first action on the job was saving a little girl’s life. Not a bad first day! Hasse says she’s incredibly grateful he was there to help. “This is what he was meant to do,” she says of her daughter’s hero. “To save lives in some kind of way.”
POURING YOUR BEER WRONG COULD GIVE YOU A STOMACH ACHE
A big shot beer expert at Anheuser-Busch has made it his life's mission to teach people how to drink beer, and he is warning people that pouring beer wrong could cause stomach aches.
Max Bakker explains that when you pour beer slowly and carefully, the carbon dioxide gets trapped in the beer and then all those bubbles go to your stomach, causing you to get bloated.
Amazingly, the carbon dioxide trapped in the beer can expand to more than two times the actual volume of the beer.
So, the trick is to start with a tilted glass and pour vigorously, which will create a bunch of foam. The foam ends up making the beer taste better. And, because the foam doesn't end up in your belly, you feel better while chugging your brew -- a win-win. (Daily Mail)
Listen and play along with You Choose The News weekdays at 6:45am