With all the prepackaged romantic clichés out there, Valentine’s Day date ideas can all start to sound the same. But if you’re looking for a creative way to spend the holiday with your true love or the cutie you just started seeing, here are some non-cheesy ideas for different types of couples.
For the homebodies - Why sit through a long, expensive dinner when you’re more happy at home? You don’t have to go out to make Valentine’s Day romantic with these ideas:
- Plan a movie marathon of your favorite films as a couple
- Have a spa night and pamper each other, you could even order in a massage
- Create an at-home scavenger hunt, making each clue an inside joke or nod to something you’ve shared as a couple
For the adventure seekers - Celebrate Valentine’s Day doing something that excites you adrenaline junkies:
- Have a picnic at a lookout point and bring a telescope if its a starry night.
- Try a new experience, like an escape room.
- Book a hotel with a spa for the night or go camping, if you’re into roughing it.
For the culture buffs - Explore your local culture scene this Valentine’s Day by trying one of these:
- Tour the best galleries or art exhibits in your area.
- Check out the best theaters, museums, and cafes you’ve enjoyed as a couple. Bonus points for those who plan ahead and bring a little gift to each location.
- Surprise your sweetie with tickets to a concert or show you both want to see.
For the foodies - If you and your Valentine love food, celebrate with a food-centric evening:
- Plan a dessert hop to your favorite spots and order one thing at each place.
- Make a meal from scratch together, and don’t forget good wine and good tunes.
- Pull out all the stops to get a reservation at the hot new spot your S.O. is dying to try. It doesn’t have to be on February 14, just print out the confirmation so they can start looking forward to the future date.
Source: My Domaine