Dating has changed a lot and if you don’t keep up, it’s easy to get lost in the new terms and slang in today’s dating world. Here are some current dating trends to keep you in the know.
- Instagram Courting - With more than 800-million users, the app has become the perfect way to flirt and slide into someone’s DMs, so you don’t even need a dating app.
- Breadcrumbing - It’s like ghosting-lite, where someone feigns just enough interest to keep you wondering if they’re not into you or just busy, breadcrumbing is a drawn-out way of almost completely ignoring someone, but not quite.
- Cushioning - This is another terrible dating practice where you keep someone in the wings just in case things don’t work out with the main object of your affection. Cushioning is preparing for the end of your current relationship by keeping your next option on standby.
- Video Dating Apps - When photos and fun facts aren’t enough, apps like Coffee Meets Bagel have added a video function to boost user matches and interaction. Plus, it helps cut back on the chance of first-date disappointment and ghosting.
- Phubbing - Everyone’s been guilty of phone snubbing - or “phubbing” before. It’s when you ignore the people around you to focus on Insta or some other app you can’t get enough of. It’s no fun when it happens to you, so we should all put our phones down more, especially on dates!
- Non-Cliche dates - Want to impress your date? Then forget dinner and a movie and try something exciting like a pasta-making class instead. Doing something off the beaten path while you’re getting to know each other is a lot more fun and earns you lots of points with your date.