When your child has a food allergy, trick-or-treating for Halloween can be tricky. Since one in 13 kids has a food allergy, it’s always nice if you can give out candy that most costumed kids can enjoy. People now put a teal pumpkin outside to let families know that they’re also offering non-food treats. And if you want to pass out candy that most kids with food allergies can still enjoy, here are some safe choices.
- Almond Joy - Tasty candy bars with coconut and almonds are no good for nut allergy sufferers, but they’re ideal for kids with egg allergies.
- Enjoy life 100% Decadence S’Mores Soft Baked Bars - These treats bring the flavor of the campfire classic to all kinds of little ghosts and witches with food allergies because they’re made without wheat, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, soy, fish, shellfish, and gluten! They’re also free of casein, potato, sesame, and sulfites!
- Gimbal’s Gourmet Jelly Beans - They’re made with real fruit juice and they don’t contain the most common food allergens - which are milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, wheat, fish, and shellfish.
- No Whey! Chocolates - A lot of chocolate is off-limits for allergy sufferers, but these are dairy-free, nut-free, gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and vegan.
- Skittles - Many little trick-or-treaters can enjoy these fruity candies since they’re free from the eight main allergens.
- Sour Patch Kids - These tart goodies are great for Halloween because they’re made without the common allergy triggers.
- Starburst - This classic candy is also free from the top eight allergens.
- Swedish Fish - These chewy treats don’t contain the eight most common food allergens either.