HOLLYWOOD'S APRIL FOOLS' PRANKS
April Fools' Day was a bad day to be on the internet. Hollywood
- Seth Rogan and James Franco got Pineapple Express fans all hyped up by releasing a trailer for a second installment of their hit comedy which turned out to be a prank to promote their upcoming film, This is the End!
- FunnyorDie.com launched fake kickstarter campaigns for new projects based on 90's TV shows including movie adaptations of Wings, Sliders, Darkwing Duck, Family Matters, and even a one man show starring Baby Sinclair from Dinosaurs.
- Hulu debuted their April premieres as all fake shows that have actually been featured in real TV shows including Inspector Spacetime from Community, Sick Sad World from Daria, Queen of Jordan from 30 Rock, and The Itchy & Scratchy Show from The Simpsons.
- Over at TeenNick, the network promised to air a previously unseen episode of the classic show Rocko's Modern Life at midnight on April 1st but anyone who tuned in only saw a static image of a jar of mayonnaise -- a reference to a joke used in an episode of the hit cartoon series.
- Netflix users logged on to find that the site was offering new categories including "Movies Featuring an Epic Nicolas Cage Meltdown" and "Movies That Are In English But Still Require Subtitles"
- Even Star Trek star George Takei got fans feather's ruffled by announcing on his Facebook page that he would be starring in the JJ Abrams Star Wars reboot. He wrote, "Friends, I am thrilled to announce that I'll be starring in the Star Wars reboot directed by JJ Abrams. I'll be playing Master Ceti Maru, a member of the Jedi High Council. The new film, entitled Star Wars: Galactic Empire, is greenlit and will begin filming sometime early next year. It is truly a moment for The Star Alliance. Thanks to all my fans for their decades of support."
SHAIN GANDEE: Buckwild Star Dead at 21
Young MTV star Shain Gandee and two passengers died in a tragic accident on Monday, April 1, after their vehicle became wedged firmly into a bed of deep mud in the Sissonville area of Kanawha County, WV, the Kanawha County Sheriff's Office said in a statement.
According to officials, Gandee, 21, his uncle David Gandee, 48, and a previously unidentified third man, 27-year-old Donald Robert Myers, were seemingly trapped inside of their Ford Bronco when all three men were discovered early Monday morning.
"The vehicle sat unevenly, but upright, and was partially submerged in deep mud," the statement read. "Mud was covering the lower part of the passenger side door of the vehicle, but the driver's side of the vehicle was above the mud. The muffler of the vehicle was completely below the surface of the mud."
Gandee was discovered in the driver's seat, and all three bodies have since been removed from the vehicle and taken to the Office of the Medical Examiner to determine the official cause of death.
Speculations about what led to the early morning tragedy have pointed to possible carbon monoxide poisoning, according to TMZ. Sources tell the site that the scenario is possible because the car's tail pipe was submerged in the mud.
The three men were originally reported missing on Sunday, March 31, after family and friends were unable to get in touch with Gandee and his uncle. They were last seen alive at Larry's Bar at around 3 a.m. in the morning -- according to a news release from the sheriff's office, they had planned to go four-wheeling in Gandee's Ford Bronco.
LINDSAY LOHAN LOVES HER ADDERALL
As if partying it up in Brazil over the past week wasn't enough indication that Lindsay Lohan isn't taking her rehabilitation sentence seriously, Lindsay reportedly demanded that her rehab plea deal include access to Adderall while she is in treatment. Sources tell TMZ that Lindsay was prepared to let the case head to trial if her lawyer, Mark Heller, couldn't negotiate the pills as part of her deal.
Lindsay has apparently been taking Adderall daily for years and even got a doctor to prescribe it to her back when she was jailed in 2010. Heller supposedly promised her that he would find her a facility that would accommodate the demand.
It is also being reported that many people in Lindsay's life believe that Adderall is what led to her downfall.