1. Low-fat is the way to go - Your body needs fat – it provides energy, repairs tissue and also transports various vitamins around the body. So, get the fats you need from avocados, nuts and olive oil.
2. Avoid late night fridge runs - You can eat after 8pm and not get fat. Studies suggest that calories consumed after a certain hour are not burned any differently to those consumed at a different hour. It doesn’t matter when you eat, but how much you eat through the whole day.
3. Go for the diet products on the shelf - Diet products aren’t best. If it’s fat free it’s probably full of sugar. If its sugar free then it’s probably loaded with junk to make it taste good.
4. Carbs are the worst! - Carbs are super important especially if you’re working out. Just stick with whole grain pastas and breads.
5. Dairy should be avoided - Dairy has good stuff like calcium, zinc and protein.
6. Just stop eating - Your body will go into starvation mode and hang on to each calorie and any fat that you are storing.
7. Eat salads - Lots of salads are more fattening than a burger with all of the creamy sauces on top. Go all veggie with grilled chicken, and ask for the dressing on the side.
8. Organic food is much better for you - Organic refers purely to how the food is produced, not its nutritional content. Labeling a cookie organic doesn’t make it less fattening.
9. Eating small portions will boost your metabolism - There is no proof that smaller potions effect metabolism. We just know metabolism is effected by body size and composition. So work some weights into your workout because muscles burn fat.