Shortly after Newnan, Georgia was hit by an EF4 Tornado in March, Newnan native Alan Jackson and his team began putting together a benefit to assist those impacted. Proceeds from "Where I Come From: Tornado Benefit Featuring Alan Jackson" will benefit the Coweta Community Foundation’s Tornado Relief Fund. Despite the event’s sellout, donation opportunities remain and can be made to the fund via the Foundation’s website. You will also be able to watch the show and donate on Alan Jackson's Facebook page Saturday.
If you were one of the 16,000 fortunate enough to get tickets, here are the important facts you need to know.
CLICK HERE FOR A SIT MAP OF THE EVENT AND PARKING
Q: Where is the event located?
A: Coweta County Fairgrounds - 275 Pine Road Newnan, GA 30263
Q: What time are gates?
A: 1:00 PM with music starting at 1:55 PM.
Q: Who is performing?
A: Here is the full artist lineup:
- Will Finley
- Corbette Jackson
- Jered Ames
- Big City Brian Wright
- Adam Wright
- Caylee Hammack
- Chris Young
- Alan Jackson
Q: Will there be food and drinks?
A: Yes! Pepsi products plus alcohol will be sold on-site. No outside food and beverages will be allowed.
Q: Can I bring an umbrella or tent?
A: No-You can bring chairs but no umbrellas.
Q: Is the event rain or shine?
Q: Will I be searched coming into the event?
Q: I bought my ticket online and haven’t received it.
A: Please firstname.lastname@example.org!
There is limited on-site parking plus plenty of off-site parking with shuttles. Plan on arriving early! Click here for a parking map.
-Parking Lots will open at 11:00 AM on Event Day
-All off-site parking lots will cost $20.00 and include a shuttle to the Event Site.
-All lots will be cash only.
-All proceeds go to the Coweta County Community Foundation.
-Other private lots will be available. We highly encourage carpooling and patience.
-All rideshare drop/off and pickup will be on Pine Road across from Fairgrounds Entrance.
-All hired buses/shuttles (with driver) can drop off at Fairgrounds but must stage outside of the Fairgrounds.
-Please show placard to parking attendants to gain access to handicap parking on- site.
PERMITTED ITEMS - WHAT YOU CAN BRING!
- Low back, single-person chairs
- Sunscreen in non-aerosol containers (less than 3oz)
- Bug spay in non-aerosol containers (less than 3oz)
- Clear backpacks, bags, and/or purses smaller than 12” x 6” x 12”
- Sunglasses and hats
- Empty metal, plastic, or non-glass reusable water bottle
PROHIBITED ITEMS - WHAT YOU CAN'T BRING!
- Any backpacks, bags, and/or purses larger than 12” x 6” x 12”
- Any non-see through backpacks, bags, and/or purses
- Tents, umbrellas, or any type of temporary structure
- Alcoholic beverages
- Outside food, snacks, or beverages
- Drones or flying devices
- Selfie sticks
- Banners or flags on poles
- Focused light devices including, but not limited to, laser pointers
- Spray paint or marker pens (Sharpies ok)
- Airhorns or megaphones
- Scooters, skateboards, or other compact modes of transportation
- Fireworks or flammable/explosive devices
- Pets (see ADA exceptions)
- (Smoking Device Policy – lighters, vape pens, zippos)
- Audio or video recording equipment – no taper section
- Professional radios or other walkie talkies
- Glass bottles
- Solicitation material including, but not limited to, pamphlets, cards, and brochures
- Unauthorized vending