I'm sure you've heard these phrases before... Some of them you've probably said yourself!
But do you know what they really mean?
Check out the full list from Irish Central, here!
1. May the road rise to meet you -From the Gaelic "Go n-éiri an bóthar leat," which means may success be with you.
2. A hundred thousand welcomes -From the Gaelic “Céad Mile Fáilte” which means literally that.
3. Sláinte - Meaning good health. Sláinte is the Gaelic word for health.
4. Slán -Meaning farewell. Slán is the Gaelic word for safe so it means keep safe.
5. Erin go Bragh -Meaning "Ireland forever" in Gaelic.