Bad news for 7-Eleven regulars! A 7-Eleven convenience store in West Jordan, Utah says they may have exposed their customers to hepatitis A. Salt Lake City health officials announced the news, saying as many as 2,000 customers may have been exposed, and officials are specifically warning those who used the restroom at the store, or consumed a fountain drink, fresh fruit or food from the hot food case.
"The possible hepatitis A exposure occurred when an infected employee worked while ill and potentially handled certain items in the store," the department said, adding that the case may be be connected to a wider hepatitis A outbreak in the area that has been ongoing since August.
So maybe stick to prepackaged snacks and bottled water next time...