St. Patrick's Day is a day to get obliterated for most who celebrate, but there are more interesting things about the day.
I searched the internet for some crazy facts you should know about the day.
- St. Patrick wasn’t Irish himself. He was born to Roman parents in Scotland or Wales in the late fourth century. (mentalfloss)
-Blue is actually the color of St. Patrick, not green (Catholic.org)
-An estimated that in the U.S. 26.1 billion pounds of beef were produced (for corned beef, naturally) – that’s equivalent to the average combined weight of 6,525,000 cars (viascience)
- Americans spend an annual average of $4.5 billion on the holiday (BigInsight)
- It takes 45 gallons of die to die the Chicago river (mentalfloss)
83% wear green
34% make a special dinner
31% attend a party
25% decorate their home or office
- The original Guinness Brewery in Dublin has a 9,000 year lease. (PopSugar)
- Your odds of finding a four-leaf clover are: About 1 in 10,000. (Catholic.org)
CHEERS TO ALL MY IRISH PEEPS!!