The annual "you'll shoot your eye out kid" list just got released. It's the toys you probably don't wanna buy your kids this holiday or there may be some ER trips in the future.
Every year World Against Toys Causing Harm organization puts out their lists of the toys to avoid so that your kids won't hurt themselves.... of course it's always the really fun ones. Nerf seemingly makes the list every year, cause foam darts and eyeballs don't mix.
Here are the toys that made the list for 2019:
- Nerf Ultra One gun - boasts that it shoots soft darts up to 120 feet, also may cause eye injuries... shocking, I know.
- Flybar’s Pogo Trick Board- instructions say to use protection because you could fall, but the picture on the box has a child with no helmet
- Nickelodeon’s Frozen Treats Slime - includes mint chocolate chip, berry smoothie, and snow cone-scented versions... of course it has dangerous chemicals if ingested
- Plastic Power Rangers claw - it may be plastic, but you can imagine why that can be harmful real fast.
- The Yeti Teddy - fiber-like hair that may not be adequately rooted, ingestion could cause breathing issues
- Realistic Toy Machine Gun - It looks like the AR rifles that many people have very strong opinions about given the climate of the world and mass shootings.
- Pull-along caterpillar toy for infants - has choking hazards if it comes apart or with the string
The Toy Association says that this lists in misleading because W.A.T.C.H doesn't even test the toys on the list, they just base their thoughts on assumptions. “By law, all toys sold in the United States must meet 100+ rigorous safety tests and standards,” the organization said in a written statement.
(See pics of the toys at NY Post)