Of course you're going to get a gift for your loved one, and maybe your kids but 9 million people in a recent study said they're also going to do this? I've never even thought about it. #HumpDaySurvey
I'm not a major fan of Valentine's Day but I'll buy some little things for my wife and kids. $19.6 billion is the amount to be spent this Valentine's Day in the United States, according to annual estimates by the National Retail Federation. I'll spend about $20-$30, while the average is apparently more around $144 on gifts.
Maybe this is why I was a little shocked 9 million will spend money on this for Valentine's (Answer in Audio)
Here are a few more interesting stats about V-Day (CNN):
- $5.50: Per capita spending on Valentine gifts for pets.
- 115.78 million:The number of single people in America age 18 and older in 2016, according to the US Census Bureau
- 75%:Chocolate's share of the total amount of US Valentine's candy sales.
- 14% of women will send themselves flowers
- 11,000 children is the average amount conceived on V-Day
- An Obnoxious amount of people will call it "Valentime's Day" (GUILTY)