Here's everything you need to know about auditioning for American Idol August 16th.
Luke Bryan, Katy Perry and Lionel Richie are back for Season 4 of American Idol. The search for America's Next Superstar is coming to Georgia August 16th.... at least virtually, anyway. It's the first ever virtual audition process, but you have to reserve a time to audition for the judges. “American Idol” will continue to break new innovative boundaries with custom-built Zoom technology to host “Idol Across America,” its first-ever live virtual nationwide search for the next superstar.
The "Idols Across America" remote auditions will take place across all 50 states plus Washington, D.C., for the first time since the show’s inception. This will be hopefuls chance to audition in front of show producers over the virtual platform during their virtual stop in each state. They've already begun in Delaware, Florida, and Ohio (8/10) and Louisiana,Missouri, and Wisconsin happens tomorrow (8/12). Georgia auditions are this Sunday (8/16).
To audition, all contestants must:
- be between 15 and 28 years old
- must preform alone
- submit an audition video in the application (one song cover or original, no clothing with logos, copyrighted images or profanity)
- answer all questions in the application form
- If you are selected to move forward to a callback, you will be contacted by an AMERICAN IDOL® producer via phone or email.
The live auditions will be face-to-face with an Idol producer over the zoom platform, they will ask you several questions and give you real-time feedback on your audition during the call.
Several Georgia stars received the Golden ticket on American Idol. R.J. Helton from Cumming (Top 5), Vanessa Olivarez from Atlanta (Top 12) , Paris Bennett from Fayetteville (Top 5), Stephanie Edwards from Savannah (Top 12), Micheal Johns from Buckhead (Top 10), Kay Genyse and Cyniah Elise from Jonesboro, Camryn Leigh Smith from Acworth, Dianna Degarmo from Snellville (Idol runner up), Caleb Lee Hutchinson from Dallas Georgia (Idol Runner up)
Phillip Phillips from Albany a big winner of Season 11, from the original show.
Lauren Alaina from Rossville, GA (runner-up) one of the biggest Georgia Country stars from the show to date
Here is the full list of dates and auditions for each state: Reserve your spot HERE
- Louisiana, Missouri and Wisconsin (Aug 12)
- Arizona, Oregon and Washington (Aug. 14)
- Georgia, Maryland, Washington D.C. and Rhode Island (Aug 16)
- Open Call Auditions (Aug 17)
- Alabama, Arkansas and Kansas (Aug 18)
- Idaho, New Mexico and Utah (Aug. 20)
- Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Texas (Aug 22)
- Michigan, Tennessee and Virginia (Aug 24)
- Open Call Auditions (Aug 25)
- Iowa, Mississippi and Oklahoma (Aug 26)
- Illinois, Indiana and Minnesota (Aug 28)
- Connecticut, New Jersey and New York (Aug 30)
- Colorado, Montana, Nevada and Wyoming (Sep 1)
- Maine, South Carolina and West Virginia (Sep 3)
- Alaska, California and Hawaii (Sep 5)
- Kentucky, New Hampshire and Pennsylvania (Sep 7)
- Massachusetts, North Carolina and Vermont (Sep 9)