Many businesses are giving out freebies if you do your part and vote!
With over 55% of American's saying that election day will be the most stressful day of their lives, it's important that we all make our voice heard. I can't say I'm putting that much of my emotional investment into the outcome, but I hope who I voted for wins.
There are many local businesses giving incentive for people to hit the polls in 2020, as they do in other election years. May a free donut, or free workout will take away some of your stress? Here is a list of things you can get free with your "I Voted" sticker:
- Krispy Kreme is giving away glazed doughnuts to all along with a special voting sticker while supplies
- Planet Fitness is offering a way to work off the stress of the election with a free workout and massage
- Biggby Coffee will have a buy-one-get-one free or $1 off any drink up to 24-ounces at participating locations.
- Boston Market: From 9 p.m. to close at all locations nationwide Tuesday, get one free slider. No purchase is necessary.
- Chili's: Through Election Day, get the Presidente Margarita for $5 and a free commemorative sticker while supplies last.
- DoorDash: The on-demand delivery app will have free delivery on all orders with a $15 minimum placed on Election Day with promo code VOTE. For DashPass subscribers that already have zero delivery fees on orders over $12, DoorDash is providing 10% off orders with code DPVOTE. The codes should be entered at checkout.
- McDonald’s is giving away new pastry items with the purchase of coffee.
- Uber and Lyft are offering discounted rides to the polls.
- Hertz is giving a free day for a rental car “to perform your civic duty.”
Regardless of who you voted for or the outcome of the election, just be a kind and compassionate person. You can't control the election, you can't control what the person in office does, but you can control your attitude and actions toward your fellow American's. We're all just trying to navigate this crazy world and leave a better life for our kids. That's what matters most in the end. God Bless the USA!