I get it. Work is out of control. Life is overwhelming. It's easy to choose to have a bad day. But I was reminding myself this morning on the way to work that I get to make that choice every single day. Am I going to choose to have a good day. Or will I choose to have a bad day?
About thirty minutes later, I was scrolling around on the computer and saw this list. "It's a sign!", I thought! We all know that an act of kindness can go a long way in making someone feel good. We also know that when we do something kind for someone else, we feel great. So, do something kind today!
The website NPowerDiscussion shared this list - and I'm sharing it with you.
- 1) Decide to be kind
- 2) Give someone a compliment
- 3) Do someone a favor
- 4) Ask someone "How are you?" and mean it
- 5) Use words such as please, thank you, sorry, excuse me, and pardon me
- 6) Don't be a savage online
- 7) Donate to charity
- 8) Smile at a stranger
- 9) Hold a door for someone
- 10) Reconnect with an old friend
- 11) Give up your seat for someone in need
- 12) Reserve judgment and criticism
- 13) Be welcoming to a new person
- 14) Volunteer
- 15) Refer someone who is qualified for a job
How many do you think you can knock off this list today? Share the link to this story with others. We could all use a little kindness these days.
Photo: Getty Images